The Law Offices of Scott Sobol
Do I Need a Lawyer to Get Workers’ Compensation Benefits?
You had an accident at work, and now you may think what happens now? There are a few factors that we need to take into consideration when you decide to file for workers’ compensation. If you sustained a serious work injury that may require surgery or the injury you received at work prevents you from working any further or starts to limit your day to day, you should definitely file for workers’ compensation and get a lawyer.
Below are some examples of times you need to contact a worker’s compensation lawyer
- Your workplace injury is so severe that you need surgery
- If your healthcare physician believes you won’t return to your previous fiscal condition after the incident, you may qualify for a “permanent partial disability”
- You can’t keep working the same regular hours at your job
- You can work to some extent but not what you were doing previous to the incident.
- Your medical benefits are denied
- You have significant pre-existing disabilities
- You don’t understand the worker’s compensation process and want to get a professional to help you out.
If you feel that the process to file for workers’ compensation has been stalling or are having trouble getting it, you should definitely do research and find a lawyer that can help you through the process of filing for workers’ compensation. Lawyers know the inside and out of this process and will be able to guide you through and give you advice on what to do.
No matter what type of injury you sustain at work, you know your body and what it can handle. If you feel that you cannot go back to work or this injury is affecting your life, it’s better to get a professional and seek advice. Every case is different and every employer is different as well.